Mission of Greenlight
TO BUILD A NATION OF STORYTELLERS NOT CRIMINALS
- EMPOWER offenders to RAISE THEIR CONSCIOUSNESS VIBRATION through the creative film writing process;
- DEMYSTIFY why crime is so rife in South Africa and provide INCOME-BEARING alternatives;
- To HEAL/REHABILITATE more balanced people back into society, even be a conduit back into their families and the rest of South Africa too.
Greenlight District Project is an initiative of Pippa Dyer. Teaching at Meredale Johannesburg prison comonly known as ‘Sun City’.
Pippa is seeking funding to shoot 28 short films written between 2014-17 by both male and female offender students.
For more information please visit the website www.greenlightdistrict.org.za
By permeating the underbelly we challenge offenders to:
- Improve EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (through building characters);
- Develop CRITICAL THINKING (by unpacking story);
- REFLECT on their past (even write new endings);
- Shift energy CONSTRUCTIVELY (instead of rotting in a cell somewhere);
- Find their OWN CREATIVE VOICE (film, novel, stage, T.V., short story, rap poetry, music lyrics).
- HEAL! (SELF-ACTUALIZATION is SOUL JOURNEY/LIFE JOURNEY. It can bring peace to even tortured souls).
- DEVELOP an ETHOS OF SA STORYTELLERS using global language. (We have riveting stories to tell and people write books in prison why not film?)
- GIVE ALTERNATIVES TO CRIME (through developing an income bearing skill).
- TRANSFORM LIVES and communities (therefore the rest of SA as well).
In the process we challenge SA to face their worst fears, paranoia’s and coveted secrets. The prison holds it all.
HEAL THE HEARTS OF A FEW AND THE SPIRIT OF A NATION
- Approximately 160,000 offenders in SA.
- 20,000 offenders in Meredale where Greenlght teaches.
- 1,000 offenders are Women.
- 500 Scholars in the Study Block, Medium C.
All students (that Greenlight met) are hungry for knowledge, and change. ALL show deep remorse for past doings. Mostly rejected by both, families and society, they want and need to find a way of re-integration with the world as changed productive members of society and wish to contribute in some profound way.
We, at Greenlight believe in second chances, and that we can be a conduit for transformational change in SA as a whole.
If you would like to read more or Donate to this cause please visit: www.greenlightdistrict.org.za
Copyright © IQU Nettworks in media Entertainmentt CC. Reg: 2006/033506/23