Greenlight District Project
Teaching Film Writing to Offenders
HEAL THE HEARTS OF A FEW AND THE SPIRIT OF A NATION
Pippa says, “Teaching utilizes all left brain academia skills, biz skills and right brain creative activity. It’s where all the years of Acting, Theatre, Film, and Publishing, eventually paid off!”
Greenlight District Project, Quality Assured by the Department of Correctional Services, is Pippa’s own initiative where she taught screenwriting in the brutal Meredale prison, in Johannesburg, SA, commonly known as ‘Sun City’, from 2014-2017.
If you want to source further information about this project visit Greenlight District Project.
You can see Testimonials from offender students here.
Mission of Greenlight
TO BUILD A NATION OF STORYTELLERS NOT CRIMINALS
By permeating the underbelly creative film writing:
- EMPOWERS offenders
- RAISES CONSCIOUSNESS
- Provides INCOME-BEARING alternatives to crime
- HEALS – REHABILITATES more balanced people back into society.
- Improves EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE and CRITICAL THINKING
- Allows for SELF-REFLECTION and SELF-ACTUALIZATION
- Helps students Find their OWN CREATIVE VOICE (film, novel, stage, T.V., short story, rap poetry, music lyrics)
- Develops within the globally accepted universal language of film the ETHOS OF AFRICAN STORYTELLERS
- TRANSFORMS LIVES and communities therefore the rest of a country as well.
Pippa is seeking funding to shoot 28 short films written by both male and female offender students. If you would like to read more, Donate, or know someone who might want to, please visit: www.greenlightdistrict.org.za
Copyright © IQU Nettworks in media Entertainmentt CC. Reg: 2006/033506/23
Press here to Share